How to Prepare
If you are adding miso to a sauce, marinade, soup, etc, add a small amount of warm water to the paste and whisk it with a fork until smooth. This makes it much easier to mix into whatever your making. Or you can be like me and just dip vegetable sticks into it for insta-dip.
Easy Miso Recipe
the amazing habanero store, you can sub any red miso paste for the miso and chili oil for the sesame oil. If chicken isn't your thing, I have also made these using fried tofu squares and it's just as tasty.
Sticky Sesame Chicken Wings
Serves 4 for main dish, 8 for appetizer
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons habanero miso + 1 teaspoon warm water to make smooth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of togarashi
- 800 grams chicken wings or drumsticks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, chopped
1. Place chicken in a baking dish, evenly spread. Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes or until mostly cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. Mince garlic and mash to a paste using a large heavy knife.
3. Transfer garlic paste to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, miso, honey, oil, and cayenne.
4. Add wings to sauce, stirring to coat. Allow to marinate for about an hour.
5. Either using your fish grill or a BBQ grill, grill wings until full cooked and sauce is just beginning to char.
6. Transfer wings to a large serving bowl and toss with sesame seeds and scallion.
I have made these several times for BBQs and potlucks and they have always been a big hit!